Junior Legal and Compliance Officer
- Postal Code 0001
- Salary Offer R400k - R420k
our client looking to hire a talented JUNIOR LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER to join our team. If you’re hard-working, dedicated and willing to roll up your sleeves in order to get a result, this is a great place to grow your career.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric Certificate;
- LLB degree (non-negotiable);
- Article completion beneficial but minimum 1 year legal drafting experience non-negotiable;
- Experience as a FICA Compliance Officer beneficial; and
- 1-3 years experience in Compliance with experience in attending to compliance matters pertaining to FAIS, FICA, Short-term Insurance Act, Long-term Insurance Act, Pension Funds Act and Medical Schemes Act (or at least majority of these).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Develop best FICA practices, procedures and supply the necessary documentation (and vet current documentation) in respect thereof and conduct training on FICA;
- FICA quarterly monitoring;
- FICA Reporting with FSCA;
- Drafting of relevant Compliance related risk management plans;
- Facilitating changes/amendments/updates to policies, manuals, plans, guides and client facing documentation as instructed by Executive: Legal and Compliance;
- Creating fillable Compliance related Client Facing Forms;
- Management of Supervision Agreements and Records;
- Vetting of legal contracts and agreements as instructed by the Legal Manager;
- Amendments to and drafting of contract annexures and Service Level Agreements;
- Conducting changes at CIPC;
- BBBEE Reporting with FSTC;
- Preparation of Board Notices and arranging for Board meetings;
- Act as Deputy Information Officer in terms of POPIA;
- Legal Research;
- Legal Secretarial.
- Computer literacy;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Function under pressure and ability to work under strict deadlines;
- Detail orientated;
Qualifying cvs can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted.