System Sales & Proposals Specialist
This is a senior level systems sales and marketing position in a top company in Johannesburg. Salary is up to 1 million per annum but is negotiable.
|Job Title:||System Sales & Proposals Specialist||Job Family:||Sales|
|Department||Sales & Marketing||Business Unit:||Systems Sales|
|Location:||Johannesburg||Travel Required:||Yes (15%)|
This successful candidate will report to the Manager: Systems & Service Proposals
- Responsibility for selling the company’s process control systems solutions.
Key Accountability and Responsibility
- Responsible for individual order intake target.
- Qualify all systems opportunities.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with key prospects / clients.
- Earn respect from prospects and clients by adding value.
- Create relationships at the highest level possible in the organisation.
- Be “Consultant”-like in demonstrating “added value” to the customer over and above the product/system.
- Be accountable for developing the pipeline and managing stable, predictable order intake numbers.
- Systems Demonstrations, Presentations and detailed discussions at customer locations and in Demo / Engineering / Training Centers in South Africa.
- Regular visits to potential customers.
- Manage the Customer relationship in an optimal manner to facilitate new systems business acquisition, upgrade of existing systems, sales of software packages, and customer satisfaction.
- Produce technically and commercially acceptable proposals, tender documents and bid submissions.
- Develop and deliver customer presentations.
- Stay abreast of strategic and technical developments on company’s Systems.
- Maintain vigilance on the activities of competitors.
- To participate as a member of the systems division team in the pursuit of its business activities.
- Adherence to the company’s Quality procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in an engineering or process related discipline (B.Eng or B.Sc Eng)
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ experience in Industrial Automation environment with specific experience on ICSS.
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing systems proposals
- Training in sales / marketing / negotiation/ management/computer technology/contract management.
- Further qualification in business administration or sales/marketing
- Confident and extrovert individual.
- Ability to work and problem solve on own or as a group member and team player.
- Results oriented.
- Customer focus.
- Mature and able to multitask.
- Well organised and able to handle a daily changing landscape.
- Creative thinker and negotiator.
Knowledge and Skills
- Business Writing and Reporting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) – Minimum Intermediate level proficiency.
- Working knowledge of contracts.
- Working knowledge of project financial controls
Willing to work after hours when required.